“Nothing gets transformed in your life until your mind is transformed.”
Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
What is Meditation?
Other popular definitions are:
- To focus one’s mind for a period of time.
- To engage in mental exercise (such as focusing on the breath or repetition of mantras).
How can Meditation help me?
From a Buddhist perspective, we meditate to dissolve attachments to our conditioned (programmed) mind. To have awareness without judgment and remain in the present moment.
There’s an extensive amount of research that shows how meditation can rewire our brain in the regions associated with stress, empathy, memory, and sense of self.
There’s research that shows that 50 year olds can have the brain of 25 year olds if they meditate about 15-30 minutes daily!
Some of the effects of meditation on our brain according to Neuroscience:
- Increases grey matter in the hippocampus (learning and memory)
- Decreases amygdala size (stress and anxiety)
- Increases grey matter in the prefrontal cortex (problem solving)
- Increases creativity
- Increases emotional control
- Enhances self-awareness and self-esteem
- Increases attention span
- Decreases age related memory loss
- Increases love and kindness
- Helps release addictions by strengthening will power
- Improves sleep
- Improves ability to cope with pain
- Decreases blood pressure
Meditations I Offer
Extraordinary Pranayama of the Shangpa Kagyu Lineage of Tibetan Tantra
This meditation practice prepares our body and mind in the cultivating of present, relaxed awareness with focus.
Also known as Tantric Color Breathing, this meditation helps in developing our Buddha Nature/Christ Consciousness.
This is the foundation of tantric meditation.
5 Element Practice of the Shangpa Kagyu Lineage of Tibetan Tantra
This practice introduces us to the qualities and energies of the 5 Elements and their connection to the chakras (energy centers in our body).
Each one of the elements is an antidote to one of the 5 Root Poisons that afflict humanity (attachment, pride, ignorance, jealousy and anger).
*For advanced tantra practitioners: This also trains our mind and body so we can easily hold the visualizations during sexual union.
Wishing you wisdom and freedom of mind
More Coming Soon!
Let's Work Together
Ready to book a service?
Click below to contact me today!